Tuesday, October 18, 2011

What God has been teaching...

Hello everyone! I know it hasn't been that long since I first blogged, but I just felt like sharing some things with you all! I wanted to clue you in to what God has been doing through "Adopting for a dollar." He has been doing GREAT things, and continues to show up when we least expect it...especially on the days that I doubt. When you look at the amount of $25,000-$30,000 to adopt a child...I get overwhelmed! I think thoughts such as, "We are NEVER going to raise this much money" or "I don't know how God's going to pull this one off...." etc...I have more of those days then I do positive ones. I know that God provides, but I (and God) have been examining my heart, and he has shown me that I haven't been FULLY trusting God. Nothing is impossible with God. (Matthew 19:26-Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.-NIV) God was showing me, and saying to me, "Yes Marissa, when you try to raise money on your own, and do things on your own, it is impossible to raise the amount you need...but you have to have faith and trust, and KNOW that with me (God) all things are possible!" I praise you God for showing this to me.

Our God is so faithful, and provides for us. And for that I (and I know Josh is too) am VERY grateful. I just want to share with you something that God has been showing Josh and myself. He is showing his generosity through people here on earth. People, and their generosity have been BLOWING us out of the water! Our "adopting for a dollar" fund is now up to $541.30!! We were NOT expecting this at all. Man, did we put God in a box. The support from people has been so GREAT, and it gives us so much encouragement. We are so thankful for support from our friends and family. We have been getting letters/money from people in California, Minnesota....people that WE DON'T KNOW....but God knows them, and has blessed us by putting them in our lives, and in our story...which is GOD'S story.

I just want to end with these verses that applies to our family's situation right now in life, but I know that it applies to EVERYONE'S life and story.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Seek FIRST His kingdom...and these "things" (anything you ask for within the Father's will) will be given to you.
Thank you all SO MUCH for everything, and thank you to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, whom without Him, we would have nothing, and would be nowhere. We love you, and worship you, and glorify you Lord Jesus!

Love,
The Svaleson's

1 comment:

  1. GOD is bigger than anything that we can imagine and he can work miracles bigger than anything we can imagine.

    ReplyDelete